KS3 Maths Teacher- FULL TIME
The Pioneers Academy is a school that aims to deliver educational excellence and develop leaders of the future. We seek to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher to be part of a hard working team. The school offers a supportive environment for both staff and students.
The main duties are the following:
- preparing and delivering lessons, using a variety of teaching techniques.
- marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development using the school system.
- undertaking pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
-To communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole school training events.
-To liaise with the Deputy Head, Head Teacher on all matters regarding their teaching groups.
- To prepare and deliver Schemes of Work, Yearly and Weekly Planners and to help ensure that Programmes of Study are being followed, together with the Islamic ethos of the school.
- To be familiar with the Programmes of Study and Schemes of Work for each of their teaching group.
- To assess the pupils in their charge in accordance with School policy and to monitor and report on their progress.
- To ensure that deadlines for Assessments are being met.
- To ensure that the School and Homework Policy is being implemented.
- To keep and update evidence on each pupil within his/her file for National Curriculum purposes in accordance with School policy.
- To undertake duties required for the control and administration of the School.
- To contribute to extra-curricular life of the school.
- To undertake professional development (INSET).
- To attend and contribute to whole school meetings as required.- To establish and maintain professional standards.
- To behave according to Islamic principles and follow the schools code of conduct document
The successful candidate will be:
- A successful and inspirational individual with teaching experience.
- A well-qualified practitioner with a passion for the subject.
- Able to motivate and enthuse students by a commitment to excellent teaching.
- Committed to the school faith ethos.
- Committed to enabling students to develop their potential.
- Education: 1 year
- Teaching: 1 year