KS3 Geography Teacher
Hamd House School is a forward-looking, rapidly expanding Islamic school. We seek to motivate all our students to achieve their full academic potential. We focus on providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences within an Islamic, caring and secure environment.
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher to be part of a hard working team. The school offers a supportive environment for both staff and students.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references will be required prior to appointment.
- You are committed to child safeguarding and protection by your role modelling and vigilance, following school procedures and ensuring appropriate behaviour with pupils at all times.
- You are a hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated person, willing to uphold the high values and ethos of the school.
- You support the school’s aims and values with vigour.
- You are energetic and enthusiastic.
- You carry out your duties in a professional manner at all times.
- You are support all staff members.
- You engage in motivating and encouraging pupils at all times when on supervisory duties requiring contact with them.
- You have a strong work ethic.
- You have a pro-active approach to continually learning and developing yourself to improve your professional practice.
- You set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, attendance and meeting deadlines.
- You are proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
- Preparing and delivering lessons, using a variety of teaching techniques.
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development using.
- Undertaking pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- To communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole school training events.
- To liaise with the Deputy Head, Head Teacher on all matters regarding their teaching groups.
- To prepare and deliver Schemes of Work, Yearly and Weekly Planners and to help ensure that programmes of Study are being followed, together with the Islamic ethos of the school.
- To be familiar with the Programmes of Study and Schemes of Work for each of their teaching group.
- To assess the pupils in their charge in accordance with School policy and to monitor and report on their progress.
- To ensure that deadlines for Assessments are being met.
- To ensure that the School and Homework Policy is being implemented.
- To keep and update evidence on each pupil within his/her file for inspection purposes in accordance with School policy.
- To undertake duties required for the control and administration of the School when requested.
- To contribute to extra-curricular life of the school.
- To undertake continued professional development.
- To attend and contribute to whole school meetings as required.
- To establish and maintain professional standards.
- To behave according to Islamic principles and follow the schools code of conduct documents.
We are looking to recruit a Geography teacher to join our excellent team of staff.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching at Key Stage 3. QTS is preferable but not essential.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have energy and a passion for teaching then we would like to hear from you.
Job Location: Birmingham, B9